Please read our letter to contractors about the huge amount of peatland restoration work in the North of England in the coming years.
The following tenders are currently live:
MFF89 2019-20 Whole Site Works in the South Pennines
Below is information regarding a tender for works to be undertaken in four packages within South Pennines SPA between 4th November 2019 and 31st March 2021;
Package 1 - Heptonstall and Widdop,
Package 2 - Warley, Oxenhope, Thornton and Midgley,
Package 3 – Rishorth and Moss Moor,
Package 4 – Turley Holes and Higher House Moor and Langfield Common
The Tender is for the delivery of a suite of works on both sites, covering the supply and delivery of materials as well as installation and application, as summarised below:
- Supply and delivery of Materials required to complete the Works, unless otherwise stated.
- Appropriate storage of Materials, as necessary.
- Forwarding of Materials and Equipment required to complete the Works to and within Works Sites, including Airlifting
- Installation of Stone Dams into gullies
- Installation of Peat Dams into gullies
- Installation of Peat Bunding
- Re-profiling of hags and gully sides
- Installation of Timber Dams into gullies
- Installation of Heather Bales into gullies and peat pans
- Spreading of Heather Brash on bare peat
- Spreading of Lime, Seed, and Fertiliser
- Cutting of vegetation
- Planting of Sphagnum Plug plants
- Planting of Sedge and Dwarf Shrub Plug plants
- Clearance of Rhododendron
- Installation of Stock Fencing
- Terrestrial application of Glyphosate
- Terrestrial application of Dwarf Shrub Seed
- Removal of Waste Materials from Sites.
Please return the tender either by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in an unbranded/marked envelope with the enclosed Tender Return Label attached by 5pm on Monday 21st October 2019. Please be aware that many postal services are not guaranteed and any tenders received after the tender return date will NOT be accepted.
You are invited to tender for MFF92 CEH Restoration.
Please see below documents for details of the tender.
Tender return date 12pm Friday 11th October 2019
Delivery date between 3rd February 2020 and 31st March 2020.
The objective of this Contract is to deliver a suite of Works on an upland Site on Peak Naze. The aim of this Works suite is to stabilise and revegetate bare peat, restore hydrology, and increase biodiversity on the Site.
The Works comprise the following tasks.
a. Supply and delivery of Materials required to complete the Works, unless otherwise stated.
b. Appropriate storage of Materials, as necessary.
c. Forwarding and Airlifting of Materials and Equipment required to Works Sites
d. Installation of 20 Peat Dams into gullies.
e. Installation of 27 stone dams into gullies.
f. Hand Spreading 140 dumpy bags of Heather Brash and Hand Spreading Lime, Seed & Fertiliser on bare peat.
g. Planting 23,000 sphagnum plugs.
h. Planting 92,250 Dwarf Shrub Plug Plants; and
i. Removal of Waste Materials from Sites.
Please contact me at Philip.email@example.com if you have any questions.
MFF 82 201920 Bund Trial
Moors for the Future Partnership would like to invite contractors to tender for an experimental piece of work.
The work involves constructing 680m of shallow peat bunds (200mm high) on an upland blanket bog habitat. The aim of the trial is to identify what impact Contour, fishscale and scallop bunds have upon the this environment.
Please refer to the attached Tender document for full details.
Returns are to be submitted via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please ensure any emails are under 10mb as the email system will reject them if they are larger. Pleas ensure all attachments are in pdf form.
Please return all tender submissions no later than the closing date and take specific note of the tender submission requirements and evaluation information, which is detailed within the tender
Reference Number: MFF82 201920 Bund Trial
Closing Date: 6th December 2019 at 17:00